Friday 4 October 2013

SAVE VS. SPLURGE (SERIES 1)

Save Vs. Splurge Makeup purchases.


Although I can be a sucker for pretty packaging and luxury labels, I do try to get a little savvy with my savings when I can. Recently I have come across some little beauties. 

I present to you Series 1 of my Top 3 Save Vs. Splurge Beauty products today featuring...


The Eyeshadow Palette: 


Urban Decay Naked Palette Vs. Chi Chi Nudes 

Urban Decay NAKED Palette


Beauty Bloggers around the world obsess over the Urban Decay NAKED palette. Type it into Youtube and you'll get over 300,000 tutorial videos on this palette alone. It retails for around $65 if you can get it in Australia ($52 in the US). And YES, I purchased this one myself online a while ago to see what all the fuss was about.


It is a fabulous shadow palette with great neutral shades to suit every face. The pigment of the eyeshadows is great, better in the shimmer than matte shades. What I love most about this product is the selection of colours in the one palette.




Chi Chi NUDES Palette

So while this product is a blatant rip off of the NAKED palette, it's a really good one. So good in fact that even the pigment is comparable. The Chi Chi NUDES has every single shade the NAKED palette does...colour for colour...matte for matte...shimmer for shimmer.


At $23 in Australia, with the only difference being that the pigment of the matte shades in the Urban Decay palette are slightly better, save yourself some cashola and get the Chi Chi Nudes. It is essentially the exact same thing. 



My Chi Chi NUDES sitting alongside my NAKED palette.





No comments:

Post a Comment