Friday 20 September 2013

Let's be Frank // Product Review

I'm a sucker for products marketed through instagram. Which explains how I wound up ordering Frank online.





Who is Frank?


What is Frank, would be a more accurate question. Frank is a coffee scrub that claims to target cellulite, stretch marks, dry and tired skin through it's essential oils, minerals and special coffee blend.


Basically speaking, it's an exfoliating body scrub.

With 44,662 followers on instagram and thousands of girls hashtagging semi-naked photos of themselves covered in coffee I had to test this scrub out for myself. (For only $14.95, there's really not a lot to lose).

Firstly, this stuff smells un-freaking-believably good. I'm not a huge coffee drinker myself but it took more than a mere thought to not go right ahead and eat it (fyi, it does say on the packet NOT to...I checked).

To get down to the nitty gritty of it, this stuff is kinda dirty. 


For a bathroom on the lighter side, you might want to be particular about keeping this is an easily rinsable area. 

You definitely don't want to use this after a faketan because essentially it is an exfoliant which is going to scrub it right off. However, although it suggests it could be used to scrub before a fresh application of faketan, I wouldn't personally recommend this, at least not on the same day. The oils in Frank are quite intense which I believe would affect a faketan absorbing into your skin evenly. (Just like it is not recommended you moisturise prior to getting a spray tan.)

It would be great to exfoliate a patchy tan off  though and I would highly recommend it as a great exfoliator for dry skin. 



I'm a little sceptical on any claim to improve cellulite or the appearance of stretchmarks but all in all I did enjoy this scrub and my skin felt deliciously smooth after using it. The coffee smell faded nicely without affecting any fragrances I used afterwards.


You can purchase and find out more about this product through the Frank Body website frankbody.com, facebook page: facebook/frankskincare or check out their instagram @frank_bod.

No comments:

Post a Comment