Saturday 7 September 2013

The Long and Short of Going Short

OK, so I didn't cut my hair that short, but recently while in New York I decided to go for the chop. From my longish (hovering around the bra strap length) locks to an Olivia Palermo inspired lob. 




Some of my favourite hairspo's for this cut included Olivia, Nicole Richie, Dianna Agron, Brenda Song and Marion Cotillard. While I love, love, love the look there are a few things to consider before you take the plunge.

1. You are going to miss your pony tail.


2. Every girl with a Victoria's Secret worthy mane will give you hair envy.


3. Your tiny, sweaty gym pony tail just got uglier.


4. Contrary to what you might think it does actually require more maintenance. Shorter hair is more visibly dirty when oily, straightening needs to be more precise and colour re-growth doesn't blend as well on shorter hair.


In saying all that it's a timelessly chic look while still remaining girly and it has enough versatility to get you from remaining totes profesh at your 9 to 5, to looking trĂ©s chic for drinks with your chickas. 







 






No comments:

Post a Comment